AM I A BAD MUM?

                     

I love to see my children smile,Being a good mum is not just about buying fancy clothes and toys, I work hard to understand my children, I try hard to make them see me as their best friend,someone they can always confide in.
Its not easy getting children to trust you, I have to live by example ,making them understand that I trust them first.                    Often parents feel disapointed if they do not meet their children's expectations.

WEEKEND ADVANTAGE

I woke up by 8:15 this morning ,one of the days when I slept late at night and had to wake up late knowing it is Saturday and my kids will not be going to school this morning.I guess there will never be rest days for mothers ,while their kids are still young.I tried to find a balance between preparing breakfast, and working out,i wanted to try out programs I saw on television last night , the gym instructor taught exercises that would flatten the tummy and shape the hip. It was a disappointment that I could only make breakfast.I hurriedly prepared sperghetti ,the sweet aroma of onion, garlic and tumeric made me hungry. My kids were also hungry, it was past their usual breakfast time which is at 6:30 am on weekdays as they are expected to be in school latest by 7:00 am before the assembly.
I guess there will never be rest days for mothers ,while their kids are still young.

SEEKING ATTENTION

My three years old little princess could not let me be,"mummy, back me" she said repeatedly, wearing a sad expression. She was asking me to carry her on my back. 
To back a child in broken English means to carry a child on your back with a wrapper tied firmly to prevent the child from falling."Pls wait let me finish pounding pepe,then I will back you" I pleaded ,but she did not take that for an answer."No mummy, I want you to back me now" she repeated. I had no choice , watching as tears roled down her pretty face, I felt bad , a feeling of guilt, am I a bad mum? i asked myself.

I carried her on my back , knelt down and resumed my pepe pounding activity."Mummy , I want to show you something" said my Nine years old child as she scurried into the kitchen with excitement, she tried to show me a new game that she intended to download on my Android phone from play store."Mummy see" she said, "I can't see please , my head aches " I replied , frowning a little , and she left in disappointment.

GOOD NIGHT

I felt so bad , I tried the whole afternoon to make up for my attitude, I am glad we had time to play, laugh and pray before they went to bed by 8:30pm. I am alone in the living room writing to share my story, feeling glad that I am alone , but lonely at the same time,I have to check on my kids and also kiss them good night as they sleep. 



What is your idea on good parenting?

Click comment and share your experience with us.
We will love to read your response.
Thank you




Comments